Thursday, November 12, 2009

"I Like Your Bike!"

Today did not start off well. First was the 2:15 AM coughing fit, then when I finally got back to sleep the dang alarm went off. Time to get up... oh and did I mention I woke up too late to make coffee? Woe is me...Now i'll admit, had it been a plain old work day where I could have easily just worked an hour or two later I would have gone back to sleep for an hour and called it good. But no, I had morning plans.

You see- one of my favorite people is coming to visit next week and there are preparations to be made! Remembering the reason for my early morning plans motivated me onto the bike. Big D-international man of mystery and
purveyor of all things dreamy and bikeable is headed to Denver next week! He's the kind of guy who would have a fantastic time if you took him to play bingo with your grandma, but I want to make sure he has a super fantastic time while he's here.

Anyhow, back to this morning. The reason I needed to be downtown early was to pick up Broncos-Chargers tickets from a CraigsList post. Full disclosure- i'm not much of an NFL fan (grew up living and breathing SEC football) but D is a big fan and i'm more than happy to tag along for anything that involves yelling and drinking beer. The guy selling the tickets e-mailed me complicated instructions about where to park at his office. When I broke the
news to him that I was going to be on bike he agreed to just meet me in the coffee shop in the lobby. So within about 5 minutes of arriving I had spent a lot of money and gotten coffee. Things were looking up.
Coffee and tickets in hand, I had a big grin on my face and started pedaling the last few blocks to work. Different blocks than usual which combined with a hot and rather full coffee in my hand made for an amusing ride. A couple blocks from the office I dismounted and walked. Among other strange things in Denver we have this "pedestrian mall" downtown which is really a rapid bus route and hang out for wayward teenagers and lost conventioners looking for the Cheesecake Factory. Rather than taking the multi block detour, I decided to walk it. Moments after getting off my bike a random guy walking to his office passed me and said "Hey! I like your bike!".

To a bike nerd this is the equivalent of someone saying "Hey! You look smoking hot in that dress". Needless to say this made my morning.

Ok- time to finish that coffee and do some work.
Happy trails...

1 comment:

  1. I figured out that a a woman with a sexy bike is similar to a man with a cute dog. I took a Haul into SF a few months ago and felt like a super model!

    ReplyDelete