Monday, November 2, 2009

Test Ride With my Favorite Riding Partner

Whew! It's been a busy Monday but I managed to go pick up the new Globe at my local bike shop on my way home from work. What a fun ride!
My usual trip home was a blast, lots of commuters out despite the chilly temperature and the super early sunset (thank you daylight savings time...).
Once I get home every night I am greeted by about 50 pounds of spring-loaded dog. Seriously, if you've ever met her it's like coming home to a whirlwind of paws and tail. Not sure if she noticed the new bike, but her evening bike ride is the best part of her day. We usually do about 3 miles through the neighborhood. You can only imagine what the neighbors think.
So while I work on getting my act together to take some fun new photos of the bike I'll leave everyone with a quick photo of Scout after a long ride. A tired dog is a good dog...

2 comments:

  1. "Once I get home every night I am greeted by about 50 pounds of spring-loaded dog." LOL

    At least she is energetic enough to allow you to ride your bike as she runs alongside. I cannot pull off such a feat with my mom's Yorkie. I can't even get her to run when we're both on foot! She prefers to sit in the basket, but I won't be trying that on my GLobe bike--I'm getting the same one as you and I think the basket is too shallow for spoiled lapdog transport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous . . . my Globe was damaged in shipping and the replacement has yet to arrive =(

    Regarding riding and dog walking, you might want to check out the Springer:

    http://bikehacks.com/springer/

    Matt

    ReplyDelete