Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend of Follies!


My Globe went on it's first road trip this weekend! If you visit Denver it's well worth the quick drive up I-25 to lovely Fort Collins for the day. Not only has it been designated a Bicycle Friendly City and one of the best places in the US to live, it's also home to my favorite bicycling themed brewery- New Belgium!

My friend Darren is visiting so we threw our bikes in the back of his truck and headed north. The city is really bikeable so we parked at the edge of town and pedaled to the brewery.

Of course we went on a bit of a shopping spree in the tasting room at the brewery (the basket on my Live 2 came in super handy!). Darren is headed to spend Thanksgiving with friends in NM so a case of fresh beer was in order as a host gift. We also picked up some goodies for the employees of Darren's bike shop. What a nice boss!

Anyhow- after our trip to the brewery we rode around town, got some lunch and checked out the amazing new bicycle racks that New Belgium has been sponsoring all over town. What a great way to promote bicycling to local businesses!

2 comments:

  1. I love New Belgium and what the way they really practice what they preach. Sounds like you had a great day on the bike! It was great idea to take them for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUGE fan of New Belgium. It's my favorite beer! Mothership Wit, yes please...I'm jealous you got to check them out. That case looks great on the front rack!

    ReplyDelete